"Christian Contentment is that sweet, inward, quiet, gracious frame of spirit, which freely submits to and delights in God's wise and fatherly disposal in every condition." - Jeremiah Burroughs
I am currently reading The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by him.
I am learning tons in this stage of life about contentment. Not just about stuff but about my place in life. Ok almost EVERYONE we know our age who got married around us or after has either just had a baby or is about to have a baby! It is hard sometimes to be content with where we are. I am thankful for my job at the church, but I have come to grips with the fact that I am not nor ever will be a gal skilled in the area of secretarial and administrative work. I can staple and hole punch but even that drives me absolutely batty. I know I am a people person, I would rather be out talking to everyone in my office and learning about them and helping them in their lives than planning long term service schedules. BUT I know God has me exactly where I am. I am blessed to be working in the environment I am working in. I have learned valuable lessons about ministry and my lack of flexibility as well. Even though I know all that I still have this deep down desire to be a mom. To raise and care for a child and take care of my home and my husband so much better than I feel I can now. I know that time will come but its about being ok with where God has us right now. I am I desire to be in His Will. But lets just say I wouldn't be that disappointed if I mysteriously got a baby bump :) hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment