Last night was a lunar eclipse, actually the last full one till 2010 so if you missed out...sorry. I love the sky. To me it is like a canvas that God displays His glory on each and every day.
Well last night was no exception. It was a spectacular display of glory. The moon turned a reddish color as it was hidden from the suns rays. Some indirect sunlight is still able to bounce off the earth's atmosphere and what is in the atmosphere at the time determines the color the moon appears.
My favorite was seeing Saturn, the Moon and the bright star Regulus all lined up in view. God is so cool. I felt so small.

Psalms 8:3-9
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;Whatis man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him?
The other thing that was great was as the sun was starting to reflect it self on the moon again. I realized the moon has no light of its own to shine. It only reflects the Sun. If the Sun is not in view to the moon in can not reflect to its full capacity. How much like us that is. If I do not "keep my eyes on Jesus" the SON, I can not reflect Him to my full ability. I can only reflect what He is. I have no glory in and of myself.
As this picture shows the moon starting to reflect the glory of the Sun

2Co 4:6 - For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
I am thankful I am His..I desire for my face to shine His glory every day
2 comments:
Ohh girl you know I love my sky. I've thought about that before about how the moon and the earth don't give off any of their own light but are merely reflections of the sun. Just like us! I love you and your eye for the true wonder of the heavens!
I completely agree. I feel the grandeur of God when I look at the sky. No matter how big our problems seem, when compared to the vastness of space, it shows how insignificant we really are and how glorious He truly is.
Have you ever thought about the fact that we can use the most powerful manmade telescope that we have and still only see a minute portion of space? But yet God, in His greatness, holds it ALL in the palm of His mighty hand. That's a humbling yet comforting thought.
Thank you for encouraging Jaci, that means a lot. She is doing a lot better. Mia is too.
Post a Comment