Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Same Old Stuff....

Ever feel like Sanctification is happening sooo slow...or is it even happening?
I desire to live out this "as obedient children not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but He who has called you is holy you also be Holy in all your conduct" 1 Peter 1:14-15 but so often I feel like every day I just wake up to struggle with the same old stuff. Again Sara Groves captures my feelings in one of her songs. (if you don't know her I seriously suggest listening to some of her stuff...its so unique and touches you deep with in.)

Like a Skin

The butterfly can just look back
Flap those wings and say Oh, yeah
I never have to be a worm again

The snake gets tired of being him
He wriggles from that itchy skin
Leaves it lying where he’s been and moves on

I’ve been longing for something tangible
Some kind of proof that there’s been change in me

Feels like I have been waking up
Only to fight with the same old stuff
Change is slow and it fills me with such doubt
Come on New Man where have you been
Help me wriggle from this Self I’m in
And leave it like a skin upon the ground

Change me O Lord....the same faith that saves, sanctifies....sanctify me with your truth.

No comments: