Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Repent

Derek Webb has a very powerful song called I repent. Even More powerful than the song is the intro. I have been contemplating repentance and my need to feel I have to hide my sin from others. He says such bold statements as "We often believe the Christian Life is about how well we can hide our sin" and "am I the only one sick of living in subculture Christianity that encourages us to hid our sin"

I encourage you to go listen to the intro Here and then the songHere you have to click play to get the clip to play.

It really makes you think about why we do what we do, and the real truth of Christianity which is not hiding your sin in hopes that people might like you, or you can be a great leader, its about being real. Because Jesus knows it all already. We must preach the Gospel to ourselves every day reminding ourselves of what we are living for and that we are FREE!
Let me know what you think of the clips.

No comments: