Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall for Real....

In case you haven't noticed my new blog layout...yes Fall is here. I am glad to be in the North for it too! I missed my Northern Fall Season. Goodness I think I lost some of my thick skin for the cold while living in the South. I woke up this morning it was 40 degrees. I proceeded to get dressed in my long john long sleeve shirt, my vest, and my boots. Yes I know I am a nerd. But my feet are ALWAYS cold. And honestly it feels like what Alabama winter feels like!You should of seen the looks I got when I went to pick up Kennedy from School. I think they could label me as a southerner.(Well I still do have my Alabama plates on my car.) I remember my first Fall in Alabama I kept waiting for the leaves to change and for it to get cool. It was October and it was still warm out. That is when I decided to invest in some more summer like clothes. I now realize after living in Alabama for 2 years my cold weather wardrobe has significantly shrunk! I just need to quit moving from one climate to another. My body and my wardrobe is confused! I do love the seasons up here! But I have to admit around let's say March...I will be desperately missing Alabama weather, and trips to Destin Florida. Thankfully I can still call Alabama home too and go and visit! I miss everyone so much! So here's a shout out to all my Alabama buddies. Enjoy your 83 degree weather today!
**Edit I am not trying to rub it in folks! I am saying how cold it is here and how I miss the warm weather already! (Don't ask me what I am going to do in December)

5 comments:

RDJones said...

ha i wish it was 43 not 83... but thanks for the shout out

Greta said...

Amen, I ditto rdjones ;) - hey Rach!

Also, yesterday was the official day of fall hence my post about it...you're right, it is definitely not "cold" down here but at least the humidity is decreasing.
Ohhhh the humidity!

Ann Marie said...

aww thanks for the fall shoutout!
i REAALLLYY with I could go up there in the fall!
thanks for rubbing it in! ;)

Rachel said...

I wore a light sweater today just in hopes that it would be breezy. . . and it was actually doable!! It's starting to get Fall-y - hallelujah! Nothing like 40 degrees, though, for which I am not complaining about!!

Jaci Spain said...

I'm good with the warm to cool weather we are having right now and certainly NOT envying the cold weather ya'll are having. I am such a wimp when it comes to cold weather...LOL!:)

Oh, and thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I did take the pictures of Averi but not the one of Mia.