Thursday, September 11, 2008

It Begins.....

Well Josh officially started classes yesterday. Our bank account shows it too...gosh books are expensive. I have to admit being off campus has its plus's and negatives.
Positives:

Our own space...not the "living in a dorm" feel
Our nice back deck
A second Bedroom for visitors (You have to have kids to have 2 on campus)
Beach Passes for Gloucester/ living 2 mins from the Beach
Making friends with Unbelieving Neighbors


Negatives:
Further to Drive anywhere (esp Class)
Out of the Loop on A LOT (We missed some orientations)
Harder to have fellowship with other Seminarians
All our friends live on Campus
Wider open kitchen/ living room to have more people over
Josh will be there studying A LOT I will be alone...at home...

I guess I am sad to be out of the loop a little but I know God has us where we are.
It is going to be sooo weird to get used to Josh being in class and having to study. We are just going to have to plan out our time together a lot more. I must admit I am kinda nervous Josh is going to have this whole other life I really won't know most of the people. When we were in college we were together and had classes together. I know I will meet some of the people. But still I won't be learning as much as him.
He also got the job as the assistant basketball coach at Gordon College. With the girls team. I am excited to get to know these girls and love on them and have them over to our place. So I guess it is BYE BYE free coffee from Starbucks. Oh well it was nice while it lasted.

God has been reminding me of the peace that comes with His rule....so often I try to do things my way and end up in a mess. God promised there would be peace with the rule of His Son. "with the increase of His government comes peace". I want Him to rule. I know things are so much better His way than mine....as Charlie Hall says in one of his new songs "Why do I wrestle with the God I adore?"

Well signing off for now....
The wife of an official Seminarian.

2 comments:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

how exciting.. i am so happy for you guys.. what a neat time. and cool about the basketball job.. he gets coach a sport he likes and you get to build relationships with the girls on the team.. a win/win for everyone involved!

RDJones said...

oh sad about no more free starbucks coffee but hooray for josh getting paid to coach ball!! and I have a solution to this lonely problem of yours... I'll just come live with you... josh can move on campus... perfect :) jk i love yall... praying for this adjustment!