Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cool Crafts

So now that it is officially FREEZING on the North Shore of New England, the summer fun outside has ceased. Which leaves me with 2 children full of energy with no where to put it. I still take them to the park on a regular basis, we are just all bundled up in sweaters, coats, scarves and hats. But Fall up here sure is beautiful. I just love waking up in the cold and getting dressed in my slippers, sweaters and sipping hot cider with Josh, (or expresso from our new expresso maker!)

So anyway I have come across some great craft and fun ideas to keep the kids busy:

This is a way cool thing! I think I had more fun than they did! Making little people and things from your thumbprint! Check out Ed. Emberly's books to get some ideas for yourself! Very creative.


Gathering leaves and making a tree picture! I came up with this one myself! What a fun craft to enjoy fall!

Seeing as I work with a couple of monkey's I thought it would be fun to do a Monkey skit! We make masks and then put on a "3 Little Monkey's" skit for Mom when she got home! This was so much fun!



I love my job! I get paid to play!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome ideas Amanda! Gabi has done some of the finger painting work, but the ideas from that website are great! I think we'll also do the tree - thanks!

Sleeper said...

hey thanks for droppin a line. I miss yall as well. yeah, this is my second blog ... its more edited than my first was ... like not every thought goes up! On a diff note, I just went hiking in N Ga, and the mnts and trees were amazing. There will soon be a picture of on my blog of a pink colored dogwood! assuming the picture turns out!

RDJones said...

Amanda you blow my mind... I would be terrrrrible at your job... More power to you...you are so creative. Give me paper work any day.

Daniel McDowell said...

What a great nanny you are Amanda...you are just so creative! :)

Looking forward to getting together with you two tonight!

Jaci Spain said...

These are all such cute ideas! You wanna come entertain my kids for a while?! LOL:) I feel so boring now after seeing this!