Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A few thoughts...

As a Canadian living in the US and witnessing this whole thing I have a few thoughts:

1. I have never been asked if I voted so many times in a row only to reply I am Canadian I can't.

2. I find the different perspectives between the North and the South in this election extremely different. Obvious I know, but it is just weird to be living up here, yet hear the perspectives of friends and family down there.

3. I sometimes feel some Americans think God's plan revolves completely around the United States.

4. I find the fact some people saying they are now going to move to Canada quite humorous. Canada is way more advanced in its liberal polices and beliefs than the US, and most of them hate Bush and love Obama, and frankly they dislike Americans in general. And probably hate the fact Americans are even saying that as a joke.
(Not neccesarily my opinions just stating some observations)

5. God is not out of control on this issue, in fact His way always goes

6 comments:

RDJones said...

Amen sister

Rachel said...

Don't hate us because we're American, Amanda! ;)
But no, I agree with all you said.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you hit the nail on the head there. I am a proud Canadian that is very excited for America's future!
Love Your Auntie

Greta said...

In response to your points:

1. Thanks for not participating in voter fraud :).

2. It IS interesting how divided the North & South seem to be on many things. We (the South) obviously tend to be more conservative...and the North, more liberal. Wonder why that is...

3. I would argue that most of the concern is about which and how many of our freedoms will be taken away. Although, the U.S. is in a position which affects many other countries. We've got a dog in the fight, so to speak. Unlike say...Swededn.

4. As someone who has haphazardly made that joke, I can tell you it was because Canada never "seems" to get in trouble with anybody. No one attacks them, they are close so we wouldn't have to travel overseas to get there AND there is much beautiful scenery to be enjoyed. But you're right, it is JUST a joke. I'm sure some Canadians (if they love Obama as much as you say) have joked that they'll move here if he wins, and now that he has won...

5. You are most definitely right here. Our God is Sovereign. I am especially thankful for that part of His character. He has been, is and will always be in control. Not the President of the U.S. And Hallelujah for that!

Anonymous said...

So true!;) I think you're the coolest Canadian ever! Ha..and coolest person for that matter!

Anonymous said...

The truth of the matter is, we as a nation need to stop looking to other nations (Canada included) for aproval in order to establish or "feel good" about our political agenda. Many of these same nations that we idealize have completely removed God from there political structure (if it was ever there to begin with). It's not "Change" that we need, but forgiveness. We need to stop pointing fingers at each other, and direct our eyes back to God. We need to stop looking to politicians to be our savior, and realize that there is a Savior, and His ways are higher than ours. We need to STOP putting our faith and trust in a man, especially if his objectives don't seem to come in line with God's Word. Let's remember who has the ultimate authority here. You are absolutley right, God is soveriegn, always has been, and always will be! AMEN!