Monday, December 15, 2008

Finals...bleh

Well it has been quite an adjustment having someone in my home doing finals. Poor Josh has been cooped up in the Library for almost 40 hours this week. Writing his exegesis paper. I have to be honest I will be very glad when tomorrow is over. It means I get my husband back for almost a whole MONTH!!!!! No school! And we are taking a lovely trip to Canada to a cabin in the woods for Christmas, and then off to the Bahamas!

Now before you gasp and say BAHAMAS! I thought they were poor seminary students! Honestly when we packed up our life in a Budget truck and headed up here we said good bye to friends, family and our savings. Most of our friends were using their stimulus checks for cruises, i phones and fun things! I asked Josh what we would do with ours. "Move to Boston and go to seminary!" was his answer. So the thought of us ever going somewhere exotic was out of the question. I thought the next time we would be doing that is our 25th anniversary. But God is so sweet. He gives us sweet and wonderful gifts.

The girls team Josh assistant coaches is headed there for a tourney. And they had an extra ticket!!! We are headed Here. From January 2-6th! We even get our own room!!! (Seeing as J is the only boy! :) YEA!!!!)

I praise God for his gifts.

I was sad no one but Rachel did my Hubby post! I was dissipointed! Its not to late! Read this Post to leave your comment with the link to your post about your husband!

2 comments:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

Okay so I am going to have to pray that God takes the jealousy away! But I will live vicariously through you.. please please take lots of pictures! How awesome is our Lord. He does things that we never thought possible! Well I hope you have a great trip! And an amazing month enjoying your husband!!

Jaci Spain said...

Hope you have a GREAT time in the Bahamas. That sounds so awesome!