Thursday, January 21, 2010

Worst Day Ever.

Well a week ago today I had the worst day I've had in a long time. It started out well, but went down hill fast.
Jacob the little guy I nanny got his finger stuck in the shower drain. We were in the bathroom, I was on the phone with his mom discussing the plans for the day while standing right beside him. He went to play with some toys on the edge of the shower. I stood there while he played and went to pick him up to leave. I didn't see he had his finger stuck in the shower drain. I lifted him up and well you can guess what happened next. Blood. Lots of Blood. It was awful. He had cut his little finger on both sides. I wrapped his finger in a paper towel and lifted it above his head and walked around the house trying to get the bleeding to stop while waiting for his dad to circle back home (it happened about 15 minutes after he left). I started crying because I felt so bad. Jacob who was screaming. Stopped to laugh at my crying face. I was relived he was able to still laugh, and forget about his shredded finger. I felt awful! SO AWFUL! Mike and Noelle were great about it. Reminding me this sort of stuff has happened to them, and its part of kids being kids. But I still felt AWFUL! I think your first trauma with kids is pretty hard to just get over. I guess I have been here 2 years and nothing has happened yet, so I guess thats a good thing. Poor Jacob had a mammoth hand wrapped up when returning from the emergency room. We had to wrap it in a baggie while he ate.


Of course he ripped that off fast in his crib and we had to resort to mittens to keep him from picking at it.


Well He figured out how to get his mittens off in his crib (with his teeth prob) and we had to resort to taping a sock on his hand to his shirt! What a rascal!
Then later that day a cat hair got in my eye which resulted in this pretty picture


We also found out that day that my Stepmom's brother in law was found crushed in Haiti under the rubble of his building he was staying in. He was an RCMP there on peace keeping efforts. It is a sad tradgedy and my heart goes out to my stepmom and family. I love them and wish I could be there with them during this time. Please pray for them. The body is being shipped back to Canada sometime this weekend.

Needless to say it was a bad Thursday. So far this one has been much better!

1 comment:

Jaci Spain said...

Wow, that is a bad day!!! It's always hard when little ones get hurt. Any time my girls have had big accidents like that I am usually crying more than they are because I feel terrible. But, like their mom said, it's all part of raising kids:) You can't prevent them from every little thing and accidents are a part of life.