Thanks for the prayers. She is def not out of the woods yet. But the good news is it is not Chronic Pancreatitis which only gives you about 7 years to live. SO PRAISE GOD!!!! Thanks for your prayers!
So I went to NYC last weekend. OH MY GOODNESS. Never again will I drive in to that city or around it by myself. Lets just say its a long story that involves driving a million miles an hour on the New Jersey Turnpike, getting lost, turning around 12 times, getting pulled over, missing parking permit, almost missing the last train of the night, running down the road like a maniac with all my bags, crying, getting a ride with a stranger, no train ticket, and well....if you want the rest of the story, call me.
Lets just say it was easily one of the worst nights of my life.
SO anyway while in NYC we ate some wonderful Brooklyn style Pizza sooo I was in the mood for it last night and recreated it. SO HENCE Yummy Thursday today is Brooklyn Style Pizza.
Now I can make my own dough (thanks to my sweet mentor Naomi) but sometimes it is easier to just buy some. To make it healthy get whole wheat, or thin crust. If you would like a homemade dough recipe just leave a comment.
Thin Crust Dough
Pizza Sauce
Fresh Mozzarella Ball
Fresh Basil (I got some from a friends garden mmmm)
Pepperoni
Mushrooms (or whatever toppings you like, veggies ect)
Roll out your dough on pizza stone
put a little olive oil all over it
Slice the fresh Mozzarella Ball and place slices on various parts of the crust
Next use a spoon to spoon sauce in other various places (this is how they do it a Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn)
Next put your toppings on, pep, mushrooms or whatever else
Place your fresh Basil leaves on the pizza
Pop in the oven at 400 degrees. Take out when Mozza cheese is nice and bubbly and golden brown! MMMM
3 comments:
That's great about your mom! I've been praying for her.
And oh my goodness - that DOES sound like a terribly scary night!!!! I can't imagine!! And I thought it was bad to have to drive in ATLANTA. . .
mmm sounds good. :) Gotta love the fresh basil we got...I still need to do something with it though!
It was a lot of fun having you guys over last night, and here is a comment so you can find our blog as promised. :)
See you tonight!
Still praying for your mom!
I'm dying at the NYC driving story! Bless your heart! I would have been freaking out and probably crying some too:)
Post a Comment