Ok so as you know Josh and I are trying this wellness program. And it is hard to come up with food ideas besides just eating fruit and raw veggies every meal. So when I came across this recipe idea I had to try it. I love chicken fingers. Obviously they are NOT on the wellness food list. In fact you are only supposed to shoot for one meat meal a day. (seeing as meat has a lot of things in it we shouldn't be eating.) Anyway here is a twist on a old favorite. Not fried, not greasy, but in fact DELISH!
Fiber One Chicken Strips
1 Package of antibiotic free Chicken tenders
1 1/2 cups of original Fiber One Cereal
Garlic Salt
1 Cage Free Egg
Blend Fiber One in a blender or food processor
add a little Garlic Salt to taste
Mix egg in a bowl and dip one chicken tender at a time in and then proceed to cover with Fiber One mix.
Put strips on baking sheet and spray with a tiny bit of EVOO.
Bake at 375 until brown and crispy.
I make a homemade honey mustard sauce to dip them in! They are so good. YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE! A way healthier version of a classic comfort food.
(Christie maybe Josiah will like these too!)
2 comments:
ha! Awesome. Thanks girl. I think i will try it!
We are trying this tonight. Thanks for another easy healthful dinner idea!
Post a Comment