So if any of you know me at all, you know I get sick a lot. I mean a lot. I have a weak immune system. If something is floating on by I catch it. It just jumps right in. Good thing you can't get pregnant that way. I would have Qctuplets too. Anyway. I recently have come across an amazing program called "The Well People Program." It is the brilliant out flow of an amazing man named Dr. Fransen. You can find the web site for his practice here. He is a Christian and all about using your body to be the best body it can be to glorify the Lord and have a well life. It comprises of 3 main areas. Thinking Well, Eating Well, and Moving Well. A lot of people do one or two of those well but are lacking in one of these areas. You need all three to be the best person you can be. It is about health, but its also about better living.
Josh and I are on week 4. It has been tough. Its not easy to get rid of certian habits that have we have become accustom to. But the rewards we have gained have been well worth it. I am encouraged with the results. I have had a set back or two but I am back on track and working hard. The best part of the program is you add in a new habit or practice every week, so it is not like trying to change your life over night, but it is gradually making you a well person. I would love to point you right to his web site to get started for yourself, but it is not avaible to the public yet. I will however share a wellness tip a week I have learned from Dr. Fransen's program or elsewhere as I have been doing much research! So on that note.
HYDRATION! Everyone says you are supposed to drink water but do you know why? How much?
We get sick as a result of toxins and deficiencies in our bodies. One of the most common deficiencies is dehydration. So many people in America (a country that is well stocked with CLEAN water supply) suffer consequences from dehydration. (High Blood Pressure, Skin Problems, Arthritis, Digestive Issues, Headaches, and way more.
Dr Franson says " The body can be either like a soup or a stew. You want soup. When you become dehydrated your fluids become concentrated. This is not good. Consentration will amplify the negative effects of any toxins in your body. DILUTE YOURSELF!"
ps. anytime you drink coffee or alcohol you further dehydrate yourself and MUST compensate with water.
You should be drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces a day. More if you work out or drink dehydrating beverages.
SO do the math, put down that coffee, pop, or gator aid and get your water bottle ready! Also using a Brita or a water filter is a great way to save the environment from the toxic waste of water bottles.
1 comment:
I love it. Thanks for blogging on good health. Hope you are well. I need to go drink some water now.
Post a Comment